Job Title: Academy Physiotherapist
Report To: Academy Manager
Location: Maiden Castle, Durham Sports Campus & The Suit Direct Stadium, Hartlepool
Hours: 40 hours (To cover weekday training and matchdays), flexibility required
Hartlepool United Football Club are looking to recruit a full-time Physiotherapist to provide and coordinate medical services for all the Academy team players within a interdisciplinary approach.
The Academy Physiotherapist will work along with the Head of Sports Science to develop and deliver injury prevention strategies, S&C programmes and deliver rehab to injured players. To help maximise player performance, enhance recovery and reduce the likelihood of injuries within the Academy Team.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
• Lead the Academy medical department at Hartlepool United FC
• Provide medical care for all Hartlepool United Academy Team Players and support first team physiotherapist when required
• To provide pitch side cover for all Hartlepool United Academy Team Home & Away fixtures including overnight journeys where necessary
• Ensure all relevant Academy Team Management Staff are clearly communicated to on a regular basis with regards to all medical issues and injuries
• Oversee the development and implementation of prehab and rehab programmes for all Hartlepool United Academy Team Players
• Responsible for updating the Clubs Emergency Action Plan at The Suit Direct Stadium and the Training Ground at Maiden Castle
• To provide the appropriate examination, assessment and treatment of Academy Team Players when required, including the referral (where necessary) to internal and external medical professionals
• To keep an up to date and accurate database of treatment and work with all Hartlepool United Academy Team Players, including current medical status, medical notes and recordings of rehabilitation sessions
• Where appropriate, assist and advise the Head of Sports Science to prevent injuries managing workloads
• Liaise with the Club Doctors as and when necessary
• To adhere to EFL Rules & Regulations and ensure protocols are followed at all times
• To assist the Academy Manager in developing the Academy’s Physiotherapy department in line with the Club’s strategic objectives and the EPPP
• Manage and oversee the treatment and rehabilitation of injured Academy players
• Support the Academy injury audit
• Maintain medical notes in conjunction with CSP/HCPC standards
• Regulation and management of the PMA for individual injury medical records and performance clock during rehabilitation
• To undertake regular CPD
• Pitch side emergency first aid for Academy games/training
• Management of the Academy injured players
• Provide high quality evidence-based assessment, treatment and rehabilitation for all injured players using a range of equipment and facilities
• Monitor and manage injured players training loads in conjunction with sport science
• Ensure all return to play objective measures are met before passing player fit to train/referring on to sport science
• Liaise with the appropriate coaches and sport science with regards to the Academy Squads
• Liaise with the club Doctor about matters regarding ill/injured players and ensure approval is gained prior to arranging further investigations
• Liaise with medical services at national level regarding on-going assessment, treatment and medical status of our players
• Implement medical screening to Academy players and create injury prevention plans based on these findings
• Ensure all medical equipment is in working order/in-date
• Provide an holistic approach to the management of injuries, referring to a variety of MDT when appropriate
• To assist in arranging cardiac screenings on an annual basis for Academy players
• Liaise with Parents, GPs, Consultants and Schools regarding the management of injuries
• Bsc (Hons) Physiotherpay
• HCPC Registered
• FA Level 4 Intermediate Trauma Medical Management in Football (ITMMIF)
• FA Level 5 Advanced Trauma Medical Management in Football (ATMMIF)
• A valid full UK Driver’s License
Desirable Skills & Experience:
• 2 year’s experience working in the medical department of a professional football/sports club
• Experience working pitch side / matchdays at a professional football club
• The ability to work calmly under pressure
• The ability to work effectively and safely, whilst working both independent and as part of a team
• To always adhere to confidently and data protection procedures
• A genuine team player
• Excellent levels of communication
• Takes responsibility for ensuring tasks are completed to a high standard
• Excellent timekeeping skills
• Hardworking & Enthusiastic
Hartlepool United FC is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants. We aim to create a working environment in which all individuals are able to make best use of their skills, free from discrimination or harassment and in which all decisions are based on merit.
It is our policy to treat all workers and job applicants equally and fairly irrespective of their sex, marital status, civil partnership status, trans-gender status, sexual orientation, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, national origin, culture, religion, age or disability.
Hartlepool United Football Club are committed to safeguarding children and young people. Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Check (DBS) which will be paid for by the employer. The job holder will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.
To apply for the above position, please email email@example.com for an application form.
Closing date for applicants is Friday 2nd September 2022 with interviews to be held the following week.